Tuesday, December 16, 2008

old habits die hard.

A New Year's Resolution is a commitment that an individual makes to a project or the reforming of a habit, often a lifestyle change that is generally interpreted as advantageous. The name comes from the fact that these commitments normally go into effect on New Year's Day and remain until fulfilled or abandoned.

With that being said I am going to do something I have never done, and that is make a New Year's Resolution, or two, you can do the same, feel free to leave your resolutions as a comment. : )


1. I vow to reserve at least an hour a
day for my reading. My book collection is already extensive and is constantly growing, I will never be ahead of the game if I don't make sure I have book time reserved for myself.

2. I vow to pay it forward by giving one person a compliment daily, whether it be a stranger, a relative, a friend, or a coworker, one small thing can brighten someones day, and in turn they may brighten another's.

3. I vow to have at least one day/night a month be entirely devoted to my little brother. I am missing out on his adolescence and I hardly see him as much as I would like.

4. I vow to learn something new, to step out of m
y comfort zone. I am leaning towards a tango dance class with a friend, interested in being my tango partner? Comment. : )

5. Last but not least I vow to pursue photography. It's something I enjoy, good or not. I like to capture people in there most vulnerable moments, in the midst of laughter, tears, shock, happiness, and to have that ability to do so and to reveal to someone how beautiful they are in their most raw state of emotions is extraordinary.


comment, comment, comment. : )

p.s
I apologize for the delay in new posts, its the holidays, work is chaotic, and I got a new puppy.




p.s.s
take the poll. : )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so i love all of your new years resoultions <-- i know i spelled that wrong anyways. I kept one of mine from last year and that was STAYING SIngLE THE WHOLE YEAR bahaha.
i am also going to Vow about the compliment to a person everyday.
and with that im going to now go ponder on what else i want to do in this new year. Maybe become a mom to a beautiful little doggie, when i get a house :) haha.