Tuesday, November 18, 2008

a walk down memory lane.

Lets play a game. Pick one of the greatest memories you have and leave it in a comment. They can be from when you were young, recently, or just something completely random, those tend to be the best. I'll start, but I am going to pick four memories, just to get the ball rolling.


Okay, my first memory would have to be when I was singing with my adorable little brother, Chaz, he's not so little anymore because he's twelve. I had my camera, and he took it from me and said "lets do something." I was taken aback but inquired and he said, lets make a video. This is when I turned on the radio and realized it was Chris Brown's "Kiss Kiss." The video is on my myspace and I still laugh when I watch it. You can watch it here. I can be myself with him and even lose my mind for a second, and that I will forever be grateful for.




Okay, memory number two will be my third trip to Cedar Point. Don't let the multiple visits to this theme park fool you, I HATED roller coasters, I hated the smells of this place, and I hated waiting in line in Michigans unpredictable weather. This all changed at the end of my senior year when four amazing friends persuaded me into coming with them. I was hesitant, but played it cool for most of the ride, that was until we pulled up to the park and my heart dropped into my stomach and I declared to them that I would wait in the car until they were done. They were having none of this, that I thank them for. They got me over my fear of roller coasters, brought me out of my shell, and to this day I love cedar point. I guess it took going with four patient and wonderful friends for me to realize this. (Thank you Randi, Britt, Linds, and Becky.)




Memory three is very cliche but I'm doing it anyways....graduation. I had a permanent smile the whole time, I did it, all the hard work, the tears, the laughter, the sweat, the getting up at the crack of dawn finally paid off. It was a wave of emotions but all I did was smile. It was a proud, breathtaking, and scary moment in my life, but it will forever be one of my favorite memories.




And last but not least my fourth memory would have to be my first year at college. It's kind of a big memory, so I will keep this as short as possible. It only lasted a year, but thats for personal reasons, but what makes this so special to me is the people I met, the places I went, the laughs I had, the tears I had, the fights I had, and most of all learning who I was. I wouldnt trade that first year for anything, I want it all for myself, the ups AND the downs. The people I met and the relationships I formed with those people were amazing, and the people I still talk to are some of my best friends. So with that, Central is my memory.





Okay, now that I shared a very tiny piece of me I want you to leave one of your favorite memories in a comment, or more than one memory, I'm not picky. : )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember this one time...I was walking my two little sisters to school an I wasn't in the greatest of moods.. All the sudden this old man walks up and starts walking me home and just chatting away...after I had gotten home and reflected on it...I knew he had made my day. A smile or a little comment to a random stranger can go a long way.